One cannot deny the pleasures of driving on an empty road and enjoying the wind blowing over. But a long driving experience and thrill pales in comparison to the thrill of a rally car driving. For those who regularly crave an adrenaline fix, rally car driving is the perfect way out. It is also an amazing present to gift to someone. Being extremely fast and furious and throwing all kinds of spills and thrills, it gives you a high that you have never experienced before. With its specially designed dirt tracks or the natural trails they really test your skill and precision in the driving techniques. Some head-front driving techniques that are really put to test include heel and toes down shift, uphill and downhill drifts, cadence braking, handbrake turns, smooth acceleration etc. Additionally rally car driving can be a thrilling competition or just fun filled family ones like any of the European road trip. Gone are the days when the thrill of a rally drive was limited to just professional drivers.
Rally driving-Truly impressive
Experiencing the thrill of rally driving is something that every passionate care-racer avidly dreams of. Not only does it give you an exhilarating experience but also some precious and rare memories that always remain with the racer. The cars used in this type of racing are of a whole different range than the normal cars and are specially equipped and prepared for it. Even the driver and his accompanied person have to undergo special preparation and even training. For the novice, most rally experience providers arrange a crash course and training to make the experience as thrilling and positive as possible. Some of the most coveted cars used in rally racing are the leading sports and luxury cars like the Audi R8, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Ashton Martin etc.
Preparing for rally driving
Rally driving is thrilling but it requires plenty of preparation. Foremost, one should be totally aware of the car’s capabilities and your reactions to it. Test drive is essential to get the feel of the car. One can either buy a well-performing rally car or it is easily available on rent as well. Certain other preparation both mental and physical is needed. Some physical preparations that you can do are:-
- Obviously one would record the entire rally to keep the memories for ever. Thus, not only should the camera be fully charged but it should have ample storage space available as well as extra memory card slots to capture every moment of driving. It’s best to catty its spare parts and all emergency stuffs to ensure that a complete recording takes place.
- Before venturing into the journey, its best to know as much as possible about the route. Know the estimated time that it will take and prepare accordingly. The route maps, navigator, compass and all other equipments which will prevent you from getting lost should be present in the car.
- The car fuel tank should be filled to the optimum. You must be fully aware of the fuel refill points in the middle of the journey and the distance between them should be calculated so that you know about the fuel usage. Extra fuel cans filled with fuel should also be kept in the car to take care of emergency situations.
- The nights should be properly planned and if possible rest spaces should be booked in advance. One should have enough time to get ready properly in the morning.
- All the paperwork should be covered in advance so that the entire journey goes smoothly and hassle-free and no unpleasant brakes arise out of it.
- One must get a medical certification, declaring them fit to travel and take on its stress. One should also be completely aware of any allergies; recent sickness etc. and adequate preventive measures should be taken care of. The medical kit in the car should have all the essentials required by you.